Why stop with the web industry?
Plumbing For Diamonds
Let’s say you run a successfull plumbing business… why are you successful? Write a guide, sell it online, tell other plumbers, let it spread.
Not only will local plumbers pay to learn your secrets but plumbers all across the country will pay to see what they can learn/pick-up. Maybe some local press, who knows.
“What about my competition?”
Ideas are worthless without solid execution. Billions of people can talk, few have the drive and chutzpah to taste success. Don’t worry about your competition, keep hustling.
This Is How You Win In 2009
No matter your line of business. Learn to Mine and Shine your by-products, it’s never been easier:
- Plumber thinks “Why do we kickass?” (Mine)
- Writes bullet points (Mine)
- Hires a copywriter (Elance, oDesk, Guru, Craigslist) (Shine)
- Publishes book “Plumbing for Diamonds” on Amazon (Sell)
- Sells digital copy or gives away for free on website (Sell)
- Starts online and offline promotion (Sell)
“But we don’t do anything special, we’re just a plumbing service…”
Is there some kind of gadget or gizmo you’ve gerry rigged to help you on the job? Publish/sell instructions on how to make it or find a manufacturer to help you produce it, fly your ass to Bentonville and pitch it to Wal-Mart.
What by-products could you be Mining and Shining?